The West: North Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The West: North Alliance

Forum for The North Alliance

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Activity in battles

Go down 
+3
AntonRiver
bubba68
Milio1981
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Milio1981

Activity in battles Empty
PostSubject: Activity in battles   Activity in battles Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:01 am

I would like to adress a concern i have about the Northern Alliance.

The past week we have been in 2 fort battles. 1 with succes and the other with no succes. When i look at the amount of players who are part of the NA and the amount of players actually showing up at battles then i am really concerned.

I will summon the amount of players for each town:
Bismarck: 2
Death Valley: 3 (1 was even defending in stead of attacking!!)
Fargo: 15
Odessa: 3
Omaha: 8
River Reservation: 13
Selene: 1
Shadow Creek: 1
Serenity: 3

I was disappointed in my own town but the amount of players from other towns was just rediculous!
Aces and Eights, Quickdraw City, Sioux Falls, Corinth weren't even there at all!

I am sure there are some good explainations in some cases but i can't immagine this is what the NA is all about.

I would like to adress this subject since it really (really!!) concerns me!
Back to top Go down
bubba68

PostSubject: Re: Activity in battles   Activity in battles Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:25 am

Yes Milio you are absolutely right!! Our town members starting to lose faith in the NA.We are always there in Battles but it will be hard to motivate our ppl to show up for battles again.This can not go on like this.In my opinion there must be consequences for not showing up.Until this is sorted I will not ask my ppl to go and get slaughtered any more.It is better to have less but reliable NA member towns...to make a long story short-I am pretty pissed off Mad
Back to top Go down
AntonRiver

PostSubject: Agree   Activity in battles Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:31 am

I agree with both of you, it isn't good that people aren't being active. Even in the forms it is only a few of the towns that are active.
Back to top Go down
slipery elm

PostSubject: Re: Activity in battles   Activity in battles Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:49 pm

hello, i have set up a sign up sheet in selene to find out how many people i can count on for fort battles. if i cant get enough numbers than i will withdraw from the NA with no hard feelings. i dont want to be a free loader. of course you guys can still count on my personal support, i never miss a fort battle unless there are 2 at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Smitty Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Activity in battles   Activity in battles Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:50 pm

Unfortunately not everyone is on a schedule in which they can be on every day, nor is everyone on a schedule they can be in every battle. I just had about a month and a half with only very occasional internet access. I have about 6 good active participating members in my town and I feel lucky to have them, as other worlds are declining fast. I've got a worker on W6 and can hardly find a town with more than 4 to 6 people in it.

The point of having an alliance is ultimately to come to each others aid. But no system is perfect. I've jumped down my towns throat for not making battles, but the truth of it is people have real life. People have sick spouses, they have fathers in the hospital. Things happen. I was the only person in my town that made the fight at the WE fort. Next we had a NA Fort Craigmyle battle. Last I knew Craigmyle wasn't even in the NA.

Come on people there is no way to function without some central control. Right now we are mainly aimless and to tell the truth I don't have a clue who is even in the NA anymore.

Somehow if we want to keep the NA a reality we've got to pull together, and put someone in charge of keeping track of stuff. A central figure, not authority. But who has TIME and the DESIRE to keep track of things. Even a set of lists on the Forum here would be a start. (Towns in the NA) (Senators and their Seconds listed WITH their town) (Towns wishing to become NA) (Issues up for vote) and on and on and on...

Until we have some sort of actual organization and structure we are going to flounder. Only then can we try to get some sort of guarantee from each town on members sent to battles etc...

SJ
Back to top Go down
Edwin333

PostSubject: Re: Activity in battles   Activity in battles Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:34 am

Edwin33 Today at 6:29 PM Quote Edit Delete
I need to know how willing are town is to answer the call to arms and help out other towns in and out of the NA I know that alot of our town members are adventurers that have lived a solitary life but the benifits to being in DV also have to be protected. their is a fort battle right now lincoln I would like everyone willing and able to buy a left handed weapon and help defend the fort. This is important in determining how many we con turn out for a fort battle when needed.

I posted this in DV I will gauge where the FoD stands and what type of numbers we can turn out.
Back to top Go down
Petunia

PostSubject: Re: Activity in battles   Activity in battles Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:06 am

There are many reasons we NEED a central point of contact, these are just a few of them.

This is where having a central person to coordinate things really helps. I don't think the problem is as much no one wants to help, it is more no one knows help is needed until it is too late. I sent people to NA-Craigmyle Fort, but found it on chance, no one wrote and told me it was under attack. If the senators are notified we can send out a call for help much sooner and get better results.

A central figure can take mails from towns under attack and distribute to all senators contact friendly alliances for help and help insure that we don't lose any battles just because everyone doesn't know.

A central figure can take applications and complaints and then bring them to the senators for discussion and group resolution.

A central figure can organize and publish lists, and keep them up to date so everyone necessary gets notified.

A Central point should have a cabinet assigned to deploy other specific tasks like mass mailing for battles. Checking the battle enemies lists for hidden alliance that could make attacks not beneficial. Especially when a NA town is asking for help when they want to attack other forts. An assessment needs to be made as to whether the battle is feasible and if it is even in the best interest of the NA.
Back to top Go down
Milio1981

PostSubject: Re: Activity in battles   Activity in battles Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:52 am

The need of the central figure is clear but that still leaves me bothered by the amount of players showing up.

the reasons mentioned are all valid and i wont do any harm to that but in my opinion it does not explain the very very low number of players actually participating in the battle.
Back to top Go down
Petunia

PostSubject: Re: Activity in battles   Activity in battles Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:30 pm

That is true to a point. Except that many times people don't know about the battle until it is too late to travel. If we have it announced immediately to all towns and then mass mailed then no one has an excuse not to have a good % of players attend.

My town personally has several players on vacation right now and others inactive. I need to weed out the bad apples too. I believe we had 6 at the last battle NA-Craigmyle to support DV who is NA, but I still would like more. I didn't even see the battle till is was posted for a long while, and by the time I posted it, it didn't leave too much time. And NO ONE wrote to ask for help.
Back to top Go down
AntonRiver

PostSubject: Isses   Activity in battles Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm

I think an other issue to this is that some towns are asking for help not at there own fort battles, BUT at battle of there allies and such. I think that this shouldn't be allowed for a couple of reasons

1. Some towns might send them aid and then for the next battle that is fort an NA town skip because they just went to one

2. There towns AREN'T in the NA so why should they get the benefits of aid, if the want help then they should join.

3. It could give us enemies of the NA that we don't want to deal with.
Back to top Go down
AntonRiver

PostSubject: Continue   Activity in battles Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:04 pm

We need to continue this discusion if we hope to fix the problem.
Back to top Go down
Smitty Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Activity in battles   Activity in battles Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:38 pm

I would have to agree. There have been a lot of requests to go to towns that are not NA, or towns that may or may not be NA.

I don't have a problem with showing up at other towns fort battles, but its not a priority. Only NA fort battles should be a priority.
Back to top Go down
Milio1981

PostSubject: Re: Activity in battles   Activity in battles Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:08 am

Although i do agree to a certain point with Anton River about joining a battle may cause us to get more enemies. I do think it is inevitable that sometimes individuel NA towns are taking part of a fort battle outside the NA.

Several of us are allies with non- NA towns. So is Omaha. And when they ask me for help i will be there.

I think each town should be able to ask fellow NA members for help. However the towns who have been asked for assistance are free to do what they please. You can't call for help on behalf of the NA but only on individual title.

Back to activity in battles. Offcourse the type of battle mentioned above should not have to have a high percentage of players showing up.

When a NA battle occurs there should be a high percentage. I am trying to make clear to all my townmembers that they do need to show up in NA battles. As a result i already got rid of the first players.
Back to top Go down
Smitty Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Activity in battles   Activity in battles Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 12:04 pm

I used to try and post for battles in my towns forum. I've found I have much better luck sending out a mass telegram. This way I can tell exactly who read their telegram, and who knows about the battle and does or does not show up. I can also get a reason from said people why they DID NOT show up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Activity in battles   Activity in battles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Activity in battles
Page 1 of 1