The West: North Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The West: North Alliance

Forum for The North Alliance

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Realistic fort battle attendence

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Smitty Johnson

Realistic fort battle attendence Empty
PostSubject: Realistic fort battle attendence   Realistic fort battle attendence Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:23 pm

Ok a quotation on the letter I got today from Milio of Omaha.

* The next fort battle there must be more activity on behalf of the alliance!
The last battles only the same towns have shown up in decent numbers. I understand that the smaller towns can't possibly show up with 20 players. Therefor i think there should be at least 10 playes per town or 50% of the players if your town is smaller then 15 players. this is a minimum offcourse. more is always possible! Wink

Now for the reality of the subject.

I don't want to come off real negatively but we need to step up as an alliance or i'm not sure wether the alliance will last for long. And that would be such a shame.*

Now I don't want to come off as a doom-sayer here. But there is NO way in HELL I'm going to get 50% of my members to show for a fort battle. Its a royal battle to get 5 to show, I'm ecstatic when I get 10 to show. The reality is my players with the exception of 2 or 3 absolutely HATE for battles, and I tell you I'm not far behind them. I know I can speak for Gun Blazin Sparks and myself, I detest fort battles. Unfortunately they are a necessity.

Now everyone knows I've really put the screws to my players to attend fort battles, and they've done much better than they have in the past. However, that being said, there is no way I can count on 10 people to get to a battle, much less half my town, and there is no way I can force the issue. Decent active players are to hard to come by now days to go booting players for not wanting to go to a fort battle, especially when its 10 hours away as the donkey plods.

-Smitty Johnson
Back to top Go down
Milio1981

PostSubject: Re: Realistic fort battle attendence   Realistic fort battle attendence Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 12:34 am

I can understand not everyone enjoys the fort battles. we all have different likes and dislikes. Would have been a strange world if that was not the case.

I had the same problem within Omaha. Only 5 showing up at battles.
I assesed what i had. I need players who add something to the town. It can be building, supplying hard to get materials for the fort etc. If you dont add something like that then you need to be active in fort battles.
Those who did not add anything nor participate in Fort Battles were set free.

I ended up with a few who actively took part in fort battles. So i wrote to all the smaller towns in the area that i needed players who were active and willing to come to fort battles. And i got about 8 players who are able and willing to help out.

There two points to be made here.
1. A leader should put an example. If you dont like the battles then you should watch out that you dont give that signal to you players. I'm not saying that you are! But it could easilly happpen unconsiously.

2. Look actively for players who do want to battle. It's a bit of work and by far the most fun but it can give you a lot of players for the battles.

And i would like to finish that 50% is for towns with less then 15 players. A town with 34 players such as yourself should be able to get 10 players to the battles.

You should ask yourself how many troops you expect from the NA if your fort in under attack? If we all provide 5 players would you be able to succesfully defend that fort?
If your fort is under attack would there still be only 5 players of aces and eights? I think there will be more. I think that is called measurring with double standards.

Milio
Back to top Go down
Smitty Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Realistic fort battle attendence   Realistic fort battle attendence Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:41 pm

First my town members almost ALL add to my town. We are a pure dueling town. There are very few in Aces and Eights that can't handle themselves dueling. Our mortician stats speak for themselves.

To be honest from what I've seen of late, short of maybe Fargo and Shadow Creek we have the most able duelers/soldiers in the alliance. I would say Fargo, Shadow Creek, and Aces and Eights are all pretty close.

Now, I have no need to defend my town, we have been consistently at battles over the last month and a half. Much more than many NA towns.

HOWEVER, If you would like to suggest we are using double standards after the good showings in the last month and a half or so. Well Aces and Eights can always remove itself from the alliance. Because I WILL NOT tolerate having my town badmouthed by anyone, not even an ally.

So if you want to badmouth Aces and Eights, and put down what we have done at fort battles, along with the duelers we have sent to soften up opposing fort battle towns before the battle. Then frankly Aces and Eights does not need the alliance.
Back to top Go down
Milio1981

PostSubject: Re: Realistic fort battle attendence   Realistic fort battle attendence Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:27 am

Slow down Smitty. I think you need to cool down a bit there.

About what a player adds to the town is what you need to asses yourself. I can't asses what kind of players you have and therefor i can't make an judgement call. I also want make it very clear that i didn't in my post!
If your players are the top duellers then it's clear they add something to your town.

The part of 'badmouthing' Aces and Eights doesn't make sense. I dont know why you are getting so fired up because i have not spoken 1 bad word about Aces and Eights. So the way you are talking is far from nessisary. What i did is ask a question for the sake of the discussion. I believe that is what this post is about am i not misstaken?

The mail i sent was adressed to all NA towns not just Aces and Eights.
Back to top Go down
Petunia

PostSubject: Re: Realistic fort battle attendence   Realistic fort battle attendence Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:33 am

There is a big difference between actually defending the NA interests and fighting battle after battle leading no where.

Any time an NA fort has been attack, the numbers from the towns have been impressive.

Fighting to win new forts constantly when only the same few towns are invited into them after a win, is frankly tiring. Most of the time they are waged on weekends when most players are less active and then the players who do show up, get their asses handed to them and sent back to the Hotels with little or nothing to show for their efforts.

All of these problems go back to the fact that the NA has no real organization. We tried to get one in place, but no one was really interested. Without a true structure we have began to just blow in the wind.
Back to top Go down
PitchforksandTorches

PitchforksandTorches

PostSubject: Re: Realistic fort battle attendence   Realistic fort battle attendence Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:49 pm

Good day!

I just wanted to touch base and add in that I think there is some need to changes and improvements... I looking forward to working together to find the right answers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Realistic fort battle attendence   Realistic fort battle attendence Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Realistic fort battle attendence
Page 1 of 1