The West: North Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The West: North Alliance

Forum for The North Alliance

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forts Are Coming Soon

Go down 
+8
Smitty Johnson
Proflooney
bards
crazynfedup211
The Fuzz
slipery elm
kenthekid
Petunia
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Petunia

Forts Are Coming Soon Empty
PostSubject: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 2:59 pm

Forts are coming soon and we need to decide how many forts the NA is going to try for. What towns will take lead, only one town can control the fort with a total of 5 towns to be admitted to each fort.

We have NA members in more than one square so we need to decide how we will handle forts soon. We need to have a plan in place before they get here.

These are items required to build forts, please ask your town members to begin saving them if you have not already.

Tool boxes -
Saws -
Maps -
Wood -
Granite -
Cloth -
Cotton -
Hammer -
Iron Rods -
Spades -
Beaver traps -
Barbed wire -
Union Flag -
Confederate Flag -
Lasso -
Sledge hammers -
Nails -
Planars -
Flags (Carving Claims) -
Post horns -
Rounds -
Oil -
Whiskey
Back to top Go down
kenthekid

PostSubject: Silly question   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 4:10 pm

How is this going to work?

As far as I know, there's no way for one player to transfer found items to another player or even to his town stores.

Will a single player need to accumulate all this stuff by himself to start building a fort? Or does the building happen in stages where each stage requires just one item?
Back to top Go down
Petunia

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 4:25 pm

You build the forts the same way you do towns level by level. Since 5 towns can occupy a fort its members can come and go and deposit the items in the fort.
Back to top Go down
slipery elm

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 4:27 pm

from what i heard there is a stockpile in the fort that comes with it free and players can deposit the items in it to be used for future use in building the various buildings in the fort.
Back to top Go down
Petunia

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 4:45 pm

Yes it is called resource stocks. Here is some info from one of my town members already in forts in the beta.

Barracks
The Barracks in the forts are used as a hotel, except it gives more energy and it only takes 6 hours to sleep.
http://pic.leech.it/i/e89c1/b69a372barracks.jpg

Resource Stocks
There will be resource stocks where every player can deposit their products for building. The higher level the resource stock is, the more products and money you can store.
http://pic.leech.it/i/dc065/8a2d46cresource.jpg

HeadQuarters
The headquarters works like the townhall in a town. The higher is goes the easier it is to build other buildings in the fort.
http://pic.leech.it/i/a37dd/221ec73e15hq.jpg
There is also a soldier tower, but it doesnt fit in the screenshot

WatchTowers
I don't know much about this feature yet. You are not able to attack other forts in the beta as of yet. We have the workers tower so far, and this is how it looks like: Obviously it's used to defend the fort
http://pic.leech.it/i/172bd/07f4ac14watchtower.jpg

Protective Barrier(AKA, The wall;)
There will also be a wall. This can also be upgraded.
http://pic.leech.it/i/22130/1806ebaprotective.jpg

THE FLAG
The flag will be the heart of the fort. I am not sure how it works yet, but we'll see in time.
http://pic.leech.it/i/ed136/3827f50bflag.jpg

FORT WEAPONS WILL BE SOLD IN THE GUNSMITH <- Currently this is how it is, it may change though. There are also rusty, normal and precise fort weapons, much like the dueling ones.

These are some of the items needed to complete the first part of the Forts. I suggest members begin stockpiling these items:

3 sizes of forts:
* Build a big fort Description Your town needs $ 1600 and 41800 city points to construct a fort. This labor intensive project costs you 80 energy points.
* Build a medium-sized fort Description Your town needs $ 1200 and 36200 city points to construct a fort. This labor intensive project costs you 80 energy points.
* Construct a small fort Description Your town needs $ 800 and 24500 city points to construct a fort. This labor intensive project costs you 80 energy points
Back to top Go down
The Fuzz

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 5:10 pm

Do we have any dates?
Back to top Go down
Petunia

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 5:26 pm

Some say the end of July for W1 with others following in turn. But nothing concrete.
Back to top Go down
Petunia

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 6:18 pm

One more very important fact.

There are only 3 forts in each square, 1 large, 1 medium and 1 small. So it is who ever gets to it first that has it.
Back to top Go down
crazynfedup211

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 6:19 pm

well i will be very helpful for building it i am one of the top players in construction skill on the game atm.. also im the top builder in the na
Back to top Go down
Petunia

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 6:27 pm

I agree crazynfedup, I think you will be a great help.
Back to top Go down
crazynfedup211

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 6:43 pm

lol lol! bounce bounce bounce bounce Smile affraid affraid affraid just gotta get my city up Smile
Back to top Go down
Petunia

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:23 pm

The minimum town numbers only apply to the town who takes the fort the other 4 towns do not need to meet the minimum.
Back to top Go down
crazynfedup211

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:33 pm

but my lifes work i wanna finsh it lol cheers rendeer afro
Back to top Go down
Petunia

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:49 pm

No one said not to finish it, just it is not necessary to be a member of a fort. lol!
Back to top Go down
crazynfedup211

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 8:49 pm

i need someone with a redshawl and pilgrams shoes to contact me so i can shop Wink
Back to top Go down
bards

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 9:21 pm

We've got the pilgrams shoes at Shadow Creek. No Red Shawl though.
Back to top Go down
Petunia

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 10:30 pm

Red Shawl is at Aces and Eights
Back to top Go down
Proflooney

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 12:37 pm

Crazy Male or female lol remember the shoes have sex lol.

I am in beta and more than 5 towns can be in a fort it all depends on the size of fort you get. the large fort is rumored to be able to have 30 towns together. you can also instead of linking towns to the fort link forts to the fort too.

Since theres abt 6 of us from EP in beta we are just going for a big fort which is right next to our town EG. You will not want more than 1 fort for your towns as the costs of supplies etc will kill you and you will be weak. the best strategy is to try and max out 1 of your towns and then when they come out try to snatch up the large fort in your square.

Secondly I beleive it is only founders can grab the forts so make sure you have a panel of founders in different time zones that are active so that when they add the forts Bam you can grab it fast.

Thirdly From the forums and such the costs will not be the same as beta and rumors have it that the large fort will cost around 10-12K to build. so to be safe you might want to make sure you have that in your treasury.

Lastly make sure your founders are in the town with the money in its treasury lol
Back to top Go down
Smitty Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 5:26 pm

I think forts are going to hold what 4 or 5 towns per fort? The size of the fort you can take depends on the size 'construction points and populace.' So my question is this. Can you take a fort in another grid or can you only take a fort in your own grid?
Back to top Go down
Petunia

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:10 pm

If you can get to it first and you meet the requirements you can take a fort anywhere, you can even take more than one.
Back to top Go down
Petunia

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:47 pm

A fort can only be constructed by a town's councilor or founder. Grey forts mark the spots on the map where forts can be constructed. The following requirements have to be fulfilled to construct a fort:

* You have to be councilor or founder of your town.
* Your town has to have enough points.
* The town's treasury has to have enough money.
* You have to be at a spot where a fort can be constructed.
* No fort may be at the spot already, and no fort may be under construction right now.
* You need at least 80 energy points.

Constructing a fort takes eight hours. Just one player is needed to construct a fort. As soon as the fort is done, all players of the town can visit it and help with the construction.
If more than one player tries to construct a fort on the same spot at the same time, the player that began the construction first begins the job.
Back to top Go down
Petunia

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:56 pm

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=14365&highlight=forts
Back to top Go down
The Fuzz

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:22 pm

We're going to finish off our town this week almost for sure. We're then going to work on saving up the $10,000 needed to construct a large fort.. I think our main course of action here should be to take and hold 2 large forts (centrally located close to each of our towns) and see how it goes, it'd be bad to over extend ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Petunia

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:28 pm

I believe you can only use the initial payment of 10,000 from the town treasury the rest gets deposited in the forts.

Oh, I forgot to mention we finished our town yesterday. YEAH! cheers
Back to top Go down
Smitty Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:58 pm

Aces and Eights will be finished soon just getting ready to crank out our level 14 gunsmith Everything else is finished
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forts Are Coming Soon   Forts Are Coming Soon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forts Are Coming Soon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next